Can I Rub CBD Oil On My Skin For Pain?
CBD oil has been used traditionally for thousands of years to help soothe and ease discomfort, but only recently has the medical community once more embraced its possible healing capabilities. Many people, including experts and researchers, have praised the incredible therapeutic potential of cannabinoids, especially when applied topically as an oil to ease joint discomfort. (1) (2) That said, please remember that none of our products are intended to treat or prevent any specific ailments.
Can CBD Oil Be Rubbed on Sore Joints?
CBD lotions, creams, balms, and other topicals offer a unique usability that no other CBD product does. With CBD topicals, you can target specific points on your body with pinpoint accuracy. CBD is absorbable through the skin, making these topicals a great means of directly applying to the area of discomfort.
However, since topicals are absorbed through the skin, they tend to work slower than most other CBD product types, even though they have can have potent CBD concentrations. Additionally, creams, lotions, and balms tend to be slightly more expensive than other CBD products when comparing CBD quantity. This is because they usually contain a variety of other high-quality ingredients not found in traditional CBD products.
Think about your needs and what you’re looking for. Are you seeking effective, long-term applications, or are you looking for more immediate comfort? For the long-term, ingestible products (such as capsules and tinctures) may be more suitable, but for sudden issues in one particular area, a CBD topical might be more aligned with your needs.
How to Use CBD Oil for Knee Pain
Depending on the type of CBD product you choose, the usage instructions will vary. Always refer to the product’s packaging for guidelines.
How to apply topicals:
Before applying, rigorously wash the affected area of skin well and rinse away all traces of soap or cleanser. This ensures that you are not diluting the effect of the topical and are getting the full intended effects.
Pat the skin dry rather than rubbing it. Then apply the cream or ointment thinly and evenly to the affected area(s). Gently massage the cream or ointment into the skin until it has all disappeared.
Don’t forget to wash your hands after applying the cream or ointment (unless your hands are the affected area) to avoid spreading the product to other areas.
How to apply tinctures:
Hemp oil tinctures are liquid supplements packaged in a glass bottle. They will come with either a dropper or spray top for easy dispensing.
Tinctures are very popular and for a good reason. The people making them add other robust ingredients, such as coconut oil, terpenes, spearmint, and other natural herbs and essential oils. These additions help mask the pungent taste of natural hemp. The flavor of tinctures is typically more well-received than pure hemp oil concentrates.
To take a hemp oil tincture, fill the pipette by using the dropper top. Then, simply dispense the desired amount under your tongue. This is called “sublingual” use. Now, wait 60 to 90 seconds, and then swallow the oil. If you find the flavor is too potent, try drinking juice along with it.
Hemp oil tinctures come in a wide array of flavors and strengths.
Keep in mind as you’re trying tinctures: If you don’t like a specific tincture, there are many other brands that may suit you better in terms of flavor and potency.
Additional Tips and Advice
- For single applications, you can rub CDB oil on your skin for pain. Rub CBD oil on the desired area first, using enough to wet the skin without becoming excessively oily. Then, immediately rub the oil into the area and massage deeply into the skin.
- Make sure you are using the right amount and applying properly. Use just enough and not more than you need. Topicals can be quite costly, so you want to get the most out of your product, and you certainly don’t want to waste any. Be sure you read the instructions on the product carefully before applying.
- Do not rub your eyes or other sensitive areas after applying. Some oils contain substances such as eucalyptus, mint, and citrus, which can cause discomfort if, for instance, you rub your eyes after applying the oil.
- CBD oil offers potential relief from discomfort, not a cure. Although CBD oil may be effective at relieving discomfort, remember that it is not a cure and our products are not intended to be used to treat or heal any ailments or conditions.
- If you forget to apply your cream or ointment, apply the correct amount when you remember, and then carry on as before. The important factor here is not to overcompensate for missed applications by applying more when you remember. By doing this, you will only use more than you need and ultimately waste some of the product.
FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products sold by Healthy Hemp Oil are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information on our website is intended to provide general information regarding our products and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. Read more